NHIT Sept. 30 Congressional Briefing
The National Health IT Collaborative for the Underserved
In Collaboration with
The Capitol Hill
"Steering Committee on Telehealth and Healthcare Informatics"
Invite you to a Congressional Briefing:
"The Impact of Federal and State Health IT Investments in Underserved and Communities of Color: Successes, Challenges, Next Steps."
Thursday, September 30th, 10:00-11:30am
Rayburn House Building, Room 2325
A complimentary light brunch will be served.
NHIT is a community of public/private partners committed to leveraging advances in health information technology (HIT) to reduce and ultimately eliminate health disparities experienced by underserved populations, with an emphasis on communities of color. NHIT supports the full engagement of HIT in underserved populations, and among those who care for them, thus ensuring that no community will be left behind.
Please RSVP by Thursday, September 23rd to Latoya Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invited Panelists Include:
- Rep. David Wu (D-OR); Rep. Allyson Y. Schwartz (D-PA); Rep. Anh Cao (R-LA); Del. Donna Christensen (D-VI); Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-MD) (Invited)
- Garth Graham, M.D., M.P.H., Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Moderator (Invited)
- Mark Fracasso, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Mary's Center for Maternal & Child Care
- Charles D. Kennedy, M.D., Vice President Health Information Technology, WellPoint, Inc.
- Ann Lefebvre MSW, CPHQ, Associate Director, North Carolina Area Health Education Centers Program-Regional Extension Center (REC)
- Scharmaine Lawson-Baker, DNP, FNP-BC, President & CEO, Advanced Clinical Consultants, LLC.
- Philip Magistro, Deputy Director and State HIT Coordinator, Pennsylvania
- Ruth Perot, Managing Director, NHIT Collaborative for the Underserved & Executive Director/CEO, Summit Health Institute for Research and Education, Inc.
Please RSVP to Latoya Thomas, email@example.com