"Safety Net" RECs: Best Practices for Provider Engagement
Webinar: "Safety Net" RECs: Best Practices for Provider Engagement"
Effective REC strategies to educate and engage health providers of color and other providers serving communities experiencing disparities, lessons learned, challenges to provider outreach/engagement and how to overcome them….Insights from multicultural REC leaders.
This webinar is the second in a series, sponsored by the National Health IT Collaborative for the Underserved (NHIT), that highlights the impact of HIT on the underserved and health disparities. NHIT works to assure that providers and consumers, with a focus on communities of color, benefit from HIT advances and resources.
This event will focus on the role of Regional Extension Centers (RECs) in assisting providers in and from these populations. Panelists are leaders of RECs that have helped providers adopt electronic health records and receive meaningful use (MU) incentives.
- Understand the purpose and role of RECs
- Clarify requirements/timelines for REC services
- Learn about RECs focused on providers in and from communities of color – who they engage, activities and results
- Hear discussion of lessons learned – what works and what does not work to engage providers of focus
- Identify promising/best practices and strategies
- Foster discussion among webinar participants
- NHIT opening remarks and Introductions (3 minutes)
- ONC (10 minutes)
- Morehouse REC (10 minutes)
- PR REC (10 minutes)
- National Indian Health Board REC (10 minutes)
- Discussion (15 minutes)
- NHIT closing comments/words of appreciation (2 minutes)
Anticipated: 50-75 Attendees
Luis Belen, Senior Consultant, NHIT
- Ruth T. Perot, Managing Director, NHIT : Welcome and introductions of presenters
- David R. Hunt, MD, FACS, Medical Director, HIT Adoption & Patient Safety, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Dominic H. Mack, MD, MBA, Executive Medical Director, GAHIT Regional Extension Center, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Antonio Fernandez, Director, Regional Extension Center for Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Ponce School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Tom Kauley, Senior Consultant, National Indian Health Board REC
Added Friday, August 23rd, 2013 by Luis Belen